Consumers think their PCs are secure — but they’re wrong more
A California man has been arrested for allegedly using a botnet to launch distributed denial-of-service attacks against two businesses. more
The $8 billion proposed acquisition of Navteq by Nokia signals an end to standalone GPS devices, industry executives and analysts say. Meanwhile, the GPS industry is keeping quiet. more
The recording industry has won a major fight in its effort to stop illegal music downloading with a U.S. jury decision to impose $222,000 damages against a Minnesota woman who used a Web service to share music.more
I just viewed a great video on a lecture given by a university professor which provides the cold hard facts (on slides even) on global warming\climate change. The link to it is here http://www.youtube.com/bushvision
Whilest by no means complete, here is a list of things you may find useful. Successful management is simple. You:
1. Deliver a product or service that is needed and wanted,
2. Maintain income greater than outgo,
3. Maintain or reduce expenses relative to income,
4. Increase efficiency.
To increase turnover you:
1. Get more clients,
2. Lose fewer clients,
3. Keep clients longer,
4. Sell more to the client each time they purchase,
5. Sell more often to the same client.
To increase net profit you:
1. Reduce the cost of what you sell,
2. Increase the selling price of what you sell,
3. Reduce your overheads and expenses.
To eliminate wasted effort you ensure all your staff:
1. Know your organisational goals and targets,
2. Are in agreement with them,
3. Are working efficiently on the actions that will attain them,
4. Are not working on actions that will not contribute to them.
To get yourself some time off you:
1. Hire some productive people,
2. Train them to be competent at what you do,
3. Delegate responsibilities to them,
4. Change gears from doing to managing.
I have a suggestion for your New Year’s resolutions list. How about you spend just five minutes on each of the above numbered points? List what you are doing that works and work out what extra you could do to improve your results on that point.
- The best blogging techniques.
- How to get traffic to your blog.
- How to turn your blog into money.
I’ll let you know what I think once I’ve had a chance to check it out. Meanwhile, go grab yours while it’s still free.
I have just posted a new article on my web site that I was privileged to receive from the Australian Democrats. Please take a minute or two to read it. It is a sobering compilation of a great deal of research on the subject. Here…
One of my suppliers sent me this.
Have a look at www.FreeKidsMail.com.au
If you have kids (or grandkids or even know someone who has them), this site is very important for you.
Why is this so important? “Most internet abductors email their target for months before arranging a meeting … and the parents never know” – IPA Child Safety Report in 2004.
This has been a personal project of mine for the last 12 months. I built www.FreeKidsMail.com.au to protect my own children online and decided to make it available to everyone … and as the name suggests the price it right too.
This site plugs a huge gap in the government’s filtering software that leaves kids dangerously exposed. In short this puts parents in total control of who can contact their kids online.
Please look at it and tell everyone you know about this website as it will make a big difference to keeping our kids safe online. Even if you don’t have kids please flick this email on to everyone you know who does; they will thank you for it. I know I would have 12 months ago as there was nothing out there that could do this … that’s why I was compelled to build it.
Thanks. I hope it makes a difference to you,
An interesting video on what IBM are doing… here…