People sometimes ask why I take vitamin and mineral supplements as well as eating a great diet. Look at this:
A study by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) showing the loss of vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetables since 1975.
- Apples: Vitamin A is down 41%
- Sweet peppers: Vitamin C is down 31%
- Watercress: Iron is down 88%
- Broccoli: Calcium and vitamin A are down 50%
- Cauliflower: Vitamin C is down 45%; vitamin B1 is down 48%; and vitamin B2 is down 47%
- Collards greens: Magnesium is down 85%
You read that right, an apple in 1975 is nearly twice as nutritious as one grown today. This is not good.