Confusing .au.com domain threatens Aussie users More…
A Parent’s Guide To MySpace here
Want to get more out of Microsoft Office 2007? It all starts with mastering the1 new Ribbon. We tell you how here
Computers take bite out of sabre-toothed cats more
Consumers think their PCs are secure — but they’re wrong more
A California man has been arrested for allegedly using a botnet to launch distributed denial-of-service attacks against two businesses. more
The $8 billion proposed acquisition of Navteq by Nokia signals an end to standalone GPS devices, industry executives and analysts say. Meanwhile, the GPS industry is keeping quiet. more
The recording industry has won a major fight in its effort to stop illegal music downloading with a U.S. jury decision to impose $222,000 damages against a Minnesota woman who used a Web service to share music.more
I just viewed a great video on a lecture given by a university professor which provides the cold hard facts (on slides even) on global warming\climate change. The link to it is here http://www.youtube.com/bushvision
Whilest by no means complete, here is a list of things you may find useful. Successful management is simple. You:
1. Deliver a product or service that is needed and wanted,
2. Maintain income greater than outgo,
3. Maintain or reduce expenses relative to income,
4. Increase efficiency.
To increase turnover you:
1. Get more clients,
2. Lose fewer clients,
3. Keep clients longer,
4. Sell more to the client each time they purchase,
5. Sell more often to the same client.
To increase net profit you:
1. Reduce the cost of what you sell,
2. Increase the selling price of what you sell,
3. Reduce your overheads and expenses.
To eliminate wasted effort you ensure all your staff:
1. Know your organisational goals and targets,
2. Are in agreement with them,
3. Are working efficiently on the actions that will attain them,
4. Are not working on actions that will not contribute to them.
To get yourself some time off you:
1. Hire some productive people,
2. Train them to be competent at what you do,
3. Delegate responsibilities to them,
4. Change gears from doing to managing.
I have a suggestion for your New Year’s resolutions list. How about you spend just five minutes on each of the above numbered points? List what you are doing that works and work out what extra you could do to improve your results on that point.