If you are up for it, this is a bus ride and a half! Don’t go squeamish on me now!
True of people too! We are far better off judging by products rather than promises or claims.
Interesting question, “What if…?”
I received this from a friend. I agree with nearly all of what I received so I am passing it on with only minor edits. (I don’t drink beer and very rarely eat pork so those points in the original are not applicable to me.) I think too much is made of nationalism. It is used to promote division and highlight differences between people when we should be promoting tolerance. But we do need to promote tolerance. And that tolerance does not extend to allowing intolerance to or active destruction of our laws and our customs. It does not mean allowing people to bypass normal channels and buy a ticket to Australia so they can get a free ride.
A Letter to the Editor
So many letter writers have explained how this land is made up of immigrants.
Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people why today’s Australian is not willing to accept the new kind of immigrant any longer.
Back in 1900 (after federation) when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to Australia, people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and be documented.
Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground.
They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times.
They made learning English a primary rule in their new Australian households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.
They had waved good bye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture.
Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labour laws to protect them.
All they had were the skills, craftsmanship and desire they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity.
Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out.
Australians fought alongside men whose parents had come straight over from Germany, Italy, France, Japan, Czechoslovakia, Russia, Sweden, Poland and so any other places.
None of these first generation Australians ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from.
They were Australians fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan.
They were defending the Freedom as one people.
When we liberated France, no-one in those villages was looking for the Ukrainian-Australian or the German-Australian or the Irish-Australian.
The people of France saw only Australians.
And we carried one flag that represented our country.
Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country’s flag and waving it to represent who they were.
It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here.
These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an Australian.
And here we are in 2014 with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges, but not to learn or speak English.
They want to achieve it by playing with a different set of rules, one that includes an Australian passport and a guarantee of being faithful to their mother country.
That’s not what being an Australian is all about.
Australians have been very open-hearted and open-minded regarding immigrants, whether they were fleeing poverty, dictatorship, persecution, or whatever else makes us think of those aforementioned immigrants who truly did ADOPT our country, and our flag and our morals and our customs. And left their wars, hatred, and divisions behind.
I believe that the immigrants who landed in Australia in the early 1900;s deserve better than that for the toil, hard work and sacrifice.
I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags, fighting foreign battles on our soil, making Australians change to suit their religions and cultures, and wanting to change our country’s fabric by claiming discrimination when we do not give in to their demands.
It’s about time we get real and stand up for our forefathers rights, we are AUSTRALIANS!
Lest we forget it!!! NO MORE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. NO MORE not saying CHRISTMAS in our stores and in our schools.
Hope this letter is read by millions of people all across Australia and Aussies living overseas.
P. S. — Please pass this on to everyone you know to help ensure our country is not taken over by radical non-Australians !!!
KEEP THIS LETTER MOVING !!
My Bloody Oath. I did!
Saw a post from an animal lover, weighed down by the cruelty of some people to animals.
If you need cheering up some time, read this:
Here’s the best advice I can give you on the subject.
1. Take a walk. Every day. Morning and night. At least 20 minutes. If you can’t do 20 do 40. It is THAT important for your peace of mind.
2. As you walk, look. At buildings, trees and other things. This extroverts your attention. African cultures have recognised this a a near cure-all for hundreds if not thousands of years.
3. While you are walking, if you see a person, put the idea of perfection in their head. Just think it at them. Who knows, they might live up to it! But, more importantly, it is therapeutic for you.
4. Start a book of your wins and successful actions. Every time you have a win or a success, every time you do something that works, write it in your book. Later, when you accidentally drop out some of your successful actions, rereading the book will remind you of them.
5. Read your book once a week. If the turkeys are getting to you, read it more often. 🙂
6. Have a specific goal you are working towards and do something on it every day.
7. Keep your sleep and nutrition at optimal. You are doing a tough job and you need the best fuel in your well-rested body.
8. Catch up on your unfinished tasks. Take pride when you tick them off your to-do list.
9. Call people you have been meaning to or have not gotten around to when you should.
10. Get some strenuous exercise in each day. Doesn’t have to be a lot. 12 minutes is all you need if you do interval or high-intensity training.
Try the above for a week and tell me how you feel after it. I double-dare you! 🙂
Abandonment and abuse of animals will not stop unless and until we improve the ability of people to solve problems optimally. That means raising the intelligence and ethic level of each member of society. Unless we address that root cause evil and ignorance will continually manifest.
Oncologist (cancer doctor) says triclosan is an ingredient found in Colgate and other everyday products linked to cancer, bone loss etc.
I have just made some toothpaste using coconut oil, sodium bicarbonate, peppermint oil, hydrogen peroxide, cardamon, green tea extract and xylitol.