Canada is following the USA, and on April 8th 2008 proposed sweeping
changes to it’s Food and Drugs Act through introduction of a law
known as C-51. If this law is passed it will:
* Replace the word “drug” with “therapeutic product” throughout the
Act. This would enable regulation of sale of all herbs, vitamins and
* Change the definition of “sell” to include anyone who gives
therapeutic products to someone else.
* Grant new powers to enforcement agents to protect the public from
dangerous unapproved “therapeutic agents.” These powers would
– raiding homes and businesses without a warrant.
– seize bank accounts.
– levvy fines up to $5 million and jail terms up to 2 years …
potentially for merely selling a herb.
To learn more go to: www.stopc51.com
What would this law do to Freedom?
This sort of law is what we are fighting against.